Monday, March 21, 2022

Missing Muse

Hello friends and readers,

Springtime is here again! While the days are bright and the weather perfect, I am finding very little motivation to write. Just spent the week with family doing Spring Break things that involved more sand than I really care for... :) But I do like the water, so I bore it cheerfully.

So, what's up with writing? I mentioned a few months ago I finished a new book for a publisher's series, which has some very specific characters and themes. I submitted it to that publisher at the end of January - and I've been depressed about it ever since. If I don't hear at the end of eight weeks, I'm going to do some rewrites on it. It will fit nicely into my Wicked Affairs series, but I do have to change a couple of characters.

I have my Wicked Affairs title ready, which I will tell you if/when I hear in the negative on my submission. Gah, I remember why I don't like to send my work off. Just the time it takes, the waiting, the doubts - and then if they say yes - a whole lot more waiting for a publishing date, etc.


Also, I've started a new Regency. I'm about 6,000 words in, but I'm thinking about changing my character traits. What I thought would be my hero's personality would be more interesting for a woman. Perhaps a bit tougher to write though... We'll see.


No comments: