Monday, February 21, 2011

Five GREAT historical romance writers

I love historical romances...most of you who know me know that one thing about me.

1) Kathleen Woodiwiss started it all. She had a knack for the epic romance tale. The love didn't come easily, but when it did, one knew it would be a forever love. My two favorites are The Wolf and The Dove and Ashes in the Wind. I read these two stories once every winter.

2) Loretta Chase. Loretta writes some naughty little stories with feisty heroines. My favorite is Lord of Scoundrels. I've taken this book with me on vacation the last three summers. A great reread.

3) Madelline Hunter. She also writes big story lines with unconventional plots. I don't have a favorite book, but I read everything she writes knowing I won't be disappointed.

4) Mary Balogh. Love her. She writes with warmth and emotion. Her heroines are always even-keeled and compassionate. Her heroes are never too rakish but one knows that have the capacity to be bad.

5) Who to choose here? Eloisa James? Liz Carlyle? Well, Eloisa is nudging out Liz. Why? Obviously you haven't read Eloisa's Desperate Duchesses series. Jemma is one of the best Regency heroines of all time.

No comments: