Monday, February 6, 2012

Around The World

Does anyone like traveling as much as I do? I think when I retire from my EDJ, I'm going to buy an around the world airline ticket and go where the wind blows me. I'll need an Internet connection though because I'll still plan on writing. I'd bet money my blog posts will be a lot more interesting as I disclose the interesting places and people I'll meet.

You already know of my affinity for Greece. What you don't know is that I am enthralled with the Terracotta Army in Lintong District, Xi'an, Shaanxi province, China. I first saw it in a movie - can't remember which one - but I thought, at the time, it was amazing, thinking it was a movie prop. I didn't realize the scope or magnificence until I started reading up on it.

Here's a little Wiki blurb about it:
"The Terracotta Army or the "Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses", is a collection of terracotta sculptures depicting the armies of Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China. It is a form of funerary art buried with the emperor in 210–209 BC and whose purpose was to protect the emperor in his afterlife."

Take a look at these pics and these are nothing compared to the real thing:


No comments: