Sunday, July 26, 2020

Did I tell you about...

Some of you know I have a 'thing' for David Gandy, one of the world's most famous male supermodels. He is my favorite celebrity and has been for several years. Even Sam Heughan can't beat him. Like everyone else, one of the first interactions with David was the famous white trunks photo from 2006, an ad campaign for Dolce and Gabbana's Light Blue fragrance. After seeing that and asking who the bloke was, I hunted him down.

Later, David was doing a charity auction on Ebay and one of the items to bid on was a dinner with him, which I won. Well, I can only say that after that meal, I was completely hooked. He was so genuine and now he can do no wrong in my eyes! He's no longer on the runway but he still has a lot of campaigns, business ventures and other projects that interest me, and I keep following!

So, at some point after 2012, I had it in my mind to write a story about a supermodel. PEAK and PINNACLE are the result of that lingering idea. The model in my story Peak is not David or any depiction of him other than as a model - it was just a fun arc to build a hero around. The good news is that my stories are about TWINS - twice the hotness!

This is my photo of David from our meal together. Yes! It's very clear why I'd want to 'model' a hero after this man!


Hopefully, you've had a chance to read Peak! Don't forget to pre-order Pinnacle, as it is on sale for .99 cents until release day! And don't forget to leave a comment to be eligible for the giveaway of an Everest North Face hoodie

No comments: