Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Guy Appeal

Surely someone else feels the same way I do.

It really isn't all about looks, is it?

There is this class of men who really aren't that handsome but everything about them screams "You want me and you know it."  When you see them, you tilt your head. You ask yourself "What is it about him?"

Here's my list and why:

1) Jason Stratham

I'm going to say Jason's accent has a little something to do with his sexy. He is built very nicely too. I really can't help but like a semi-balding 40-something whose nickname in a movie is Handsome Rob. I think the screenwriters understood Jason's appeal. I'd be willing to ride in his trunk.



2) Channing Tatum

I know. I know. There is a group of women who are going to read this post and scream. They think Channing is a hot fudge sundae smothered over a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Yes, he is that yummy but not at all in the form of a classically beautiful man. Channing's appeal to me is his smoothness - from the way he can dance, to the way he can rock a suit and when I see him cuddle in front of the camera with his wife, my ovaries nearly burst.



3) Matthew Broderick

Matthew gets a higher grade then he ought because of Ferris Beuhler but that's a story for another blog. Matthew has boyish appeal and, yes, you do have to look past his too long, middle-aged hair. But admit it, you watched the Honda CR-V commercial more than once. You want him to be the friend you get into trouble with.



4) Vince Vaughn

Even as I write Vince's name, I ask myself why I'm putting him on the list. He's the good friend, the naughty storyteller, the guy who will always be there. Nope. Not in any way attractive but I have to ask, "What is it about that guy?"



5) David Gandy

Haha! I threw him in to see if you were paying attention. I could rhapsodize all day about David but I will say this: If you take away Gandy's looks you still have a super nice guy with a great sense of style. Oh, and the accent. Foreplay with David would include him reciting the phone book. The picture below was the most unattractive I've ever seen David. :)



I'm curious about who else should be on this list and why.

2 comments:

Mary Peed said...

Tom Hanks-- he's just so freaking charming!

Sean Connery and Patrick Stewart-- it's the accent. And the voice. Just read the phone book... woo!

Robin Williams-- I love love love a funny man.

Robert Carlyle -- something in the eyes...

There are others, of course. I'm just listing the guys that aren't traditionally "good looking" but who are so hot anyway.

(Johnny Depp, Robert Downy Jr., Benedict Cumberbatch, all good looking AND ... :)

Eliza Lloyd said...

Oh, Tom Hanks! The perfect average guy. So appealing. Patrick Stewart, another yes. I was talking with my sister the other day about hot bald guys and we both thought about Ed Harris and Arnold Vosloo (of Mummy fame.)