Saturday, November 15, 2014

Wanton Christmas Wishes Sneak Peek: Loving Michael by Kate Pearce

Enjoy this excerpt from Loving Michael by Kate Pearce. Former courtesan Angelique is quite a pill and determined to get her man.


Angelique’s hand slid down from his arm to capture his hand. “Wait a moment.”


“I thought you were the one who was eager to see the duke?”

“Not until we have finished our conversation.”

“I’m sure you are quite sick of hearing me whine about myself.”

She chuckled. “Not at all. I find you very interesting. I always have.”

Shock made him forget himself and stare right into her beguiling blue gaze. “You… think I’m interesting?”

“And handsome.”

He firmly removed her hand from his and placed it in her lap. “We are old friends . Don’t feel obliged to drown me in fake compliments because you feel sorry for me.”


She wrinkled her nose at him. “I don’t feel sorry for you.”


“Then what do you want?”

“To understand you.”

“In God’s name, why?”


She smiled. “Because I have always wondered about the extent of your abilities. I am a courtesan, after all.”

“You want to know if I am capable of fornication.”


“Oui,” she said simply, her expression inquiring.

“Go to hell, Angelique.”

No comments: